W.T.F. Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia
The WTF Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia is the only governing Taekwondo body in B.C. that is sanctioned to send athletes for participation in the Olympic Games, World Taekwondo Championships, World Junior Taekwondo Championships, World Cup Taekwondo Games, Pan-American Games, Canadian National Championships, and Canadian Junior National Championships.
• The WTF Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia is a member of WTF Taekwondo Canada .
• The WTF Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia is a member of Sport BC .
• The World Taekwondo Federation is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the official sport governing body for Taekwondo in the Olympic Games.
• WTF Taekwondo is a recognized medal sport at major International competitions including the Pan-American Games, World Military Games, and World University Games.
• WTF Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia organizes annual Provincial Championships, seminars, and other sanctioned events to improve the quality and standards of competition and officiating.
The WTF Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia strives to promote the growth and development of Taekwondo and encourages physical activity and a healthy lifestyle for all athletes so that they can achieve their greatest potential.
Policies and Procedures
Please see the WTF Canada Site for a full synopsis of our Policies and Procedures at: http://www.wtfcanada.com/eng/about/policies-and-procedures/
1.To promote the art, philosophy, and sport of Taekwondo throughout British Columbia.
2.To encourage and train British Columbia athletes to represent British Columbia in National competitions and to represent Canada in International competitions such as the Olympic Games, Pan-American Games, and World Championships.
3.To establish developmental and pre-competition training programs to help British Columbia athletes achieve competitive excellence.
4.To encourage further advancement in the study, development, research, and dissemination of sport Taekwondo and its rules of fair competition.
” The WTF Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development. ”
All rights reserved by the WTF Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia © 2016